Getting Ready to be Reunited
July 29th Update
As of Sunday, August 2nd, we will continue offering one in-person service at 9:00am as well as online services at 9:00 and 10:30am as well. No pre-registration will be required for the in-person service. Masks are required, but may be removed while seated in the sanctuary. To join us online, click below.
Living Word Church Family,
As you are aware, the city of Houston and Harris and surrounding counties have faced rising infection rates of COVID-19. Because of this increase we are working daily to develop safety precautions that will allow us to reunite in as safe a way as possible. According to TMC.EDU projections, there is a possibility of some flattening in number of cases within the next couple of weeks. This shows that increased safety measures are having a positive impact.
Therefore, after several weeks of meeting solely on-line we want to take a tentative graduated step towards reopening for live worship services.
Please keep an eye out for any updates sent through our normal means of communication; we are also building a COVID related area on our website which will always have latest information on service times, including on-site and online options.
If the projections of flattening continue, starting next Sunday, July 26, LWC will offer one worship service at 9 a.m. and on-line services at both 9 and 10:30am.
We want to “save you a seat”, so reservations will be taken for the 9am experience in order to save you a seat and assure that social distancing guidelines in the sanctuary are attainable. The rationale behind one live service at this stage is to guarantee that there is an adequate support of volunteer staff. The goal is to reopen both 9 and 10:30am services on August 9th. Of course, all plans are subject to change.
Also, our church board has directed that all those who attend live worship services at LWC must wear a mask while not seated.
LWC Reopening Church Task Force
Reopening Decision Process
The Reopening Church Task Force is composed of three church board members and Pastor Larry Morris. They are committed to making the very best possible decision as to when to offer live, in-person worship services. The pathway to this decision is based on this process:
Seeking the Counsel of Officials
- Attention is give to the latest direction offered by our state and local authorities regarding COVID-19 safety measures.
- Counsel is received from our denominational leadership.
- Collaboration is made with other local church leaders to discuss their process and schedule for reopening.
The Comfort Level of our People
- A survey of our congregation was taken to inquire about the level of comfort our congregation feels about returning. Their concern for necessary safety measures is taken into consideration.
- The readiness of our local church leaders and volunteers is considered.
The Leadership of the Lord
- We desire to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in the decision process. We want to move at a pace that honors God and follows the direction He provides.
- We want our decisions to be based on wisdom, faith, and guidance from the Holy Spirit.