September 6th Update
As of Sunday, September 6th, we will offer TWO in-person service options at 9:00am and 10:30am, as well as online services at 9:00 and 10:30am. Starting Sunday, September 13th, we will also have one in-person Spanish service each week at 1:30pm. Per the July 15th letter from the church board and reopening task force, those attending in person services are asked to wear masks, but they may be removed while seated in the sanctuary. Children's Ministry is in the process of planning for reopening soon, but at this time they are not offering live services for children on Sunday mornings. For updates, follow LW Kids on Facebook. For more information on our services or the reopening process, contact our church office at 281-500-8913 or email [email protected] To join us online, click below.
July 29th Update
As of Sunday, August 2nd, we will continue offering one in-person service at 9:00am as well as online services at 9:00 and 10:30am. No pre-registration will be required for the in-person service. Masks are required, but may be removed while seated in the sanctuary.
Living Word Church Family,
As you are aware, the city of Houston and Harris and surrounding counties have faced rising infection rates of COVID-19. Because of this increase we are working daily to develop safety precautions that will allow us to reunite in as safe a way as possible. According to TMC.EDU projections, there is a possibility of some flattening in number of cases within the next couple of weeks. This shows that increased safety measures are having a positive impact.
Therefore, after several weeks of meeting solely on-line we want to take a tentative graduated step towards reopening for live worship services.
Please keep an eye out for any updates sent through our normal means of communication; we are also building a COVID related area on our website which will always have latest information on service times, including on-site and online options.
If the projections of flattening continue, starting next Sunday, July 26, LWC will offer one worship service at 9 a.m. and on-line services at both 9 and 10:30am.
Also, our church board has directed that all those who attend live worship services at LWC must wear a mask while not seated.
LWC Reopening Church Task Force
Reopening Decision Process
The Reopening Church Task Force is composed of three church board members and Pastor Larry Morris. They are committed to making the very best possible decision as to when to offer live, in-person worship services. The pathway to this decision is based on this process:
Seeking the Counsel of Officials
- Attention is give to the latest direction offered by our state and local authorities regarding COVID-19 safety measures.
- Counsel is received from our denominational leadership.
- Collaboration is made with other local church leaders to discuss their process and schedule for reopening.
The Comfort Level of our People
- A survey of our congregation was taken to inquire about the level of comfort our congregation feels about returning. Their concern for necessary safety measures is taken into consideration.
- The readiness of our local church leaders and volunteers is considered.
The Leadership of the Lord
- We desire to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in the decision process. We want to move at a pace that honors God and follows the direction He provides.
- We want our decisions to be based on wisdom, faith, and guidance from the Holy Spirit.
If you have any questions about our reopening process, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for more information.